Friday, July 8, 2011

How To Increase Computer Speed III

Section III - Outside Help

The next two programs programs will A. Keep out the viruses and malware, and B. Keep your system registry clean. Both of these programs can be downloaded from the internet free of charge and have been proven to be free of any malicious spyware or viruses.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free) - This is hands down the best free anti-virus software I've ever seen or used. There isn't much it can't clean if anything. Basically, you want to run a virus scan every so often. I usually do it after I download a lot of files, or if I go to a website I don't usually frequent. When you use this program is going to be up to you. Fairly simple to operate. Download it free from the link above, install it and run it.



Typically I do a full scan which will take some time, but its worth it to be sure you've scanned the entire computer. If any harmful files are found make sure to clean or quarantine them which is self explanatory within the program. (Feel free to contact me if you run into problems or have questions.)

Free Windows Registry Repair 2.5 (www.regsofts.com) - This is a neat program that will scan your registry for any errors and fix them immediately. I use this right after I defrag. I'm actually going to give you a link to a great Youtube tutorial that will show you exactly how to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YIF7x54aOg.



Basically you download and install the file, backup your registry, set the program to make a restore point in case anything goes wrong (which it shouldn't), run the scan and then fix any errors that come up.

These two programs will help keep your computer virus free and remove any traces of old uninstalled software or unused registry entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment